Thursday, October 23, 2014

Black Widow Introduction

Hello all!

This is the Black Widow Blogspot Page
where I will be introducing the story, concept art, and animation processes here.

The Black Widow project started a couple years back and since then the villain, Madeline, will not be quieted. She is a villain rarely seen in childrens animated films but one very familiar with classic fairy tales. It's time to reintroduce children to what evil really is,

"Imagine a classic Disney film with a serial killer in it."

That has been my pitch to the 50 - 100 people who have heard it and every time I would get the same reaction: Their eyes light up with intrigue and they respond, "You have to make it!" With such a positive response how could I not move forward with making this project.

My name is Kendall Robinson; I graduated from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco with a Bachelor's Degree in Traditional Animation. I have worked on several animation and comic book projects with my good friend Jess Cuffe, who will be the leading art director on the project. (To see examples of our work click on our names.) I am a film and book buff dedicated to creating good and I mean, really good story-telling for the modern world. Jess is a brilliant artist who wishes to spread her wings in the animated film business.

We have been researching, working, and pouring our hearts into the creation of this film.

Recently I saw the steam punk animation project "Hullabaloo" get funded, this gave me the inspiration to make the Black Widow Animated campaign. Our plan is to fund the trailer first, to give our audience a taste of what's to come and to help with finding more backers for the film. We will also be looking for more animators, artists, actors, etc. to help in the making of this project. If you wish to help; get in contact with either Kendall or Jess using the contact information on our website pages.

Help by spreading the blog and the word on social networking sites so that we may launch our own indigogo/kickstarter campaign and visit back for new updates on the Black Widow Animated project!

Yours affectionately,
Kendall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment